Knowing where and with whom you belong. Belonging recognizes children’s interdependence with others and the key role they play in defining their identities. Children learn best when they feel they belong to their communities at large. By providing a safe, secure and comfortable environment at KindyTown we will make sure to foster this experience.
Acknowledge children continue to learn and grow by experiencing new things, different events and circumstances. This highlights as children learn and grow they continue to change who they are.
The VEYLDF identifies five Outcomes for young children from birth and extends these to include all Victorian children from birth to eight years:
- Children have a strong sense of identity (identity)
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world (community)
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing (wellbeing)
- Children are confident and involved learners (learning)
- Children are effective communicators (communication).